I know you're reading this thinking, "I know how to clean my kitchen!" You're still reading, though, right? I would just bet that you do know how to basically clean your kitchen, but you want to know how to do it better/faster/safer/easier. I'm here to tell you just how to do that. In a few simple steps you can have a sparkling clean kitchen.
1. Clear the counters and empty the sink. Remove anything and everything from the countertops that does not belong. There is an amazing sense of relief when everything is tidily tucked away in its proper home. Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and wash any pots or pans that cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
2. Fill the sink basin with hot soapy water. We have been told far too often that we need a cleaner for each chore, but I'm here to tell you that just isn't true. Your dish detergent is all you need to get your kitchen sparkling clean.
3. Fill a microwaveable coffee mug with water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (or half a fresh-squeezed lemon). Place it in the microwave and let it run for 1 to 2 minutes. Leave the door closed to allow the steam to break down all the stuck-on spatters.
4. Remove all removable parts from your stovetop and soak in another basin of hot soapy water. Sprinkle the stovetop with baking soda and spritz with white vinegar. Allow the wonderful reaction to do its job while you go about the next step.
5. With a terry cloth (I prefer a bar mop) using your soapy water, wipe down all surfaces in this order: top of refrigerator, upper cabinets, front and inside of microwave (throw that turntable in the dishwasher) counters, lower cabinets, dishwasher front, fridge front, stovetop. Rinse your cloth and wipe up the baking soda/vinegar from the stovetop, gently scrubbing stuck-on spots. Rinse, wipe, repeat until all residue is removed and the top is clean. Wipe the front of the stove.
6. Wash stove parts and let air dry. Empty and rinse out the sink basin, sprinkle with baking soda, spritz with vinegar and scrub till it sparkles. Rinse well.
7. Rinse cloth, check door frames for any ickyness and wipe clean, wipe baseboards.
8. Sweep the floor. Make sure to get under the cabinets and in corners really well.
9. Spritz floor with Floor Cleaner and mop with a microfiber mop pad.
That's it! You're done! Now, go have a cup of tea and read a book.
Good luck and happy cleaning!